Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Final Proposal

The purpose of this paper will focus on the issue of diabetes and related topics. Living in Northern Minnesota, where diabetes is a large and growing issue has made this topic something that interests me and seems to be something worth writing about. My god father has had diabetes and it has been something that I have been around since I have been young. This is another one of the reasons as to why I chose to write about and do research on this topic. Throughout the following paper I will discuss the basics of diabetes, the treatment options, current research that is being done, and mainly focus on how it affects the Native American population. I will talk about type one and type two diabetes. A family friend of mine, Jill Breyen, is a nutritionist that does a lot of work in Red Lake. Throughout this paper I will use the interview that I had with her, along with research that I have done on diabetes.This paper will be an informative piece of writing, and by the end I hope that you will have a good understanding of diabetes and the the other topics I have discussed.

1 comment:

  1. I also have experience with Diabetes, my little sister was diagnosed with type one as a fourth grader. Since then she has been taking insulin, but we hope to be able to get her on an insulin pump soon. The proposal is a little vague and I think it would help to go more in depth to say what the treatments are, like insulin. It sounds like (from your proposal) you want to take more about type two, which is usually brought on later due to diet and life style, where type one is genetic. Did you find any research on more effective treatments or the lifestyle changes that can be made to help with diabetes?

    ReplyDelete